Sunday, January 28, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 221 - Still those Knights

Hi All,

For some reason I've been feeling too busy to post lately. Track season started on Saturday and my son ran the 3000m and the 800m. I think he PR'd the 3000 and ran a sub 3 minute 800m by my stopwatch, we'll have to see what the official time is.

Anyway, here are the Knights.


As is usual for me, I am frustrated with how the paint is going on and my putty job to cover the seams in the plastic horses is not very good. I like the perfect plastic putty, but I need to figure out a better way to apply it. I also need to get some precision sanding stuff. Sanding between the horses legs has been difficult.

I also have been reading my Adventurer Conqueror King books.



Produced by Autarch, I got these from DriveThru RPG about three years ago. I really like how they develop the Old School notion of what we were trying to do in AD&D. None of this, I'm going to go and fight gods bullshit and become 30th level. We were trying to make enough money from adventuring to make a keep somewhere and lord it over peasants in our retirement. My original intent with this was to help me flesh out my map and build up the realms. Mighty Empires is a little too abstract for me. I will use it as the basis for my idea "Insignificant Realms!"

I'm hoping to get the knights finished and posted on Monday in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge and the Old World Army Challenge. Check those out for some absolutely fantastic painted figures.

Happy painting!

8 comments:

  1. No WFRP today, so you have no excuses to not finish them today!

    Get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew, the day got away from me. I will still try to finish them today, but it's not looking good.

      Delete
  2. I ran track and field...over 20 years ago now. Sigh. Am I the only one that sees that the two women on the covers have different ideas of what counts for armor? 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stew, never competed myself. Yes the main rule book appears to have the dreaded chainmail bikini.

      Delete
  3. I've painted a fair number of those knights before :-) . I wouldn't worry too much about sanding between their legs - no-one will see there when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh, you're right. I just let myself get bogged down in details that don't really matter.

      Delete