Saturday, December 2, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 213 - Brigands and Chaos Warriors

Hi All,

A lot of stuff finished this week. It was hard to get stuff done with all the memorial things for Master Xiao and trying not to have a pity party for myself. But, as we know, life goes on.

So I stayed up late Thursday night and finished my submission to the Old World Army Challenge. My submission specifically can be seen, here. I encourage you to look at other entries, as there are some truly masterful painters in this group.


The Normans, as I said, were finished Thursday night but both they and the Chaos Warriors were varnished yesterday. I plan to flock and static grass the bases sometime this weekend.

When All is said and done I'm not really crazy about these figures. Multipart plastics rarely go together seamlessly and ranking up units can be a little difficult. There were some odd gaps and things that I appear to have forgotten about in the push to get these done. If I had had infinite time I might have used a little greenstuff to take care of those.

This was also my first full use of the Winsor & Newton Galeria matt varnish. It appears to let the metallics still shine a little. The vallejo was so matt it killed any shine from metallic paint, so I'm glad that the Galeria has removed an extra step from my work flow.

I think I'm going to do the foot knights and Cannon next, but I'm not totally sure. I still have a ton of prep to do. I would do the mounted knights but I need to do some sculpting/ mold making for some missing and miscast parts.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. I can't see the gaps you mention from this pic, and I think they turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pulpcitizen. One needs to get up close to see them, but I know they're there. It's mostly the joins between head and body and some of the arms being a little wonky.

      Delete
  2. They looked pretty darn good to mate mate. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, you know how it is. You see where the flaws are in your own work.

      Delete
  3. As above, these look very nice. I'm not seeing any gaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hugh, I guess I know where to look.

    ReplyDelete