Saturday, August 12, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 197 - Matthias Mulders, Merchant.

Hi All,

Another figure finished. Instead of going to the gym last night I finished this guy.


Using the Ordo Malleus Hiver name generator, I named him Matthias Mulders. I was trying to figure out a particularly Rogue Tradery, Necromunda-y thing for him to trade but was unable to come up with anything. Maybe Ambull semen dealer?


I decided to give a back shot because he has some stuff going on with his backpack. You can see the mold line I didn't deal with properly on his hat. It's also on his arms. Once I get it in my head to plow forward I don't go back and fix things.

I think I started him with craft paints, but mainly ended up going over everything with reaper. I think the hat band is the only surface craft paint application. He also got the 4:2:1 ratio grunge wash all over.

No paint note book stuff today, I scooped up all the paints to photograph him and submit him on time for BeerMaw week 6.


So here's a bunch of stuff that is on or around the desk. Those two 80% done gretchin for Dave B., Makari witha chip on his base and his banner to finish. The Colony 87 water/petrol carrier. 10 plastic Dwarves that I unearthed recently. Reaper anniversary Grim Reaper. Space Raiders 2 BFO (Big Fucking Ork). My sons three Plastic Chaos Terminators, he has five but we haven't built the last two. Finally the milkmaid set for Curt. You can sort of see here I ruined the butter churn with a heavy black "wash."

I also had some dill hole call my post about spam, spam. A quick piece of advice. If you find yourself confronted with something on the internet on a group you are not a member of, keep your comments to yourself. Nobody asked you for your opinion. Shut up.

Thanks for looking and happy painting/gaming.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal. I really enjoy the Colony 87 line.

      Delete
  2. He looks great. Can't wait to collect Ambull semen. Looking forward to those dwarfs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomohawk. I forgot that nick name. I should probably dig out those Space Raider Ambulls and get them painted up for Monolith.

      Delete
  3. Nice work mate. I have to say I pity the guy who gets to be the Ambull semen collector!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy. There's a lot of technique involved. ;)

      Delete
  4. Good job with that model. I must paint up mine. I hope he's got a pair of latex gloves for when he's handling Ambull semen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Generalissimo Forde. Ladies of the upper spyre use it as a moisturizer, so his hands are baby soft. I look forward to seeing yours painted up.

      Delete
  5. Looks good, I'll have to paint mine one day! Probably as something else than semen dealer however...although points for originality! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it mate. Needs some semen stains on that apron though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour scheme. It really brings helps bring this shady fella to life. Hopefully he doesn't cut that Ambull semen with something dodgy!!! (:

    ReplyDelete